Cooking, Physical Activity, and Nutrition During COVID-19
Find this page at:
Check out these resources developed by our Family & Consumer Sciences team, Meghan Baker, SNAP-Ed Nutrition Educator, and Sydney Johnson, Family & Consumer Sciences Agent.
Cooking at Home
- Check out these Fermentology Mini-Seminars about the culture, history, and science behind the foods you have at home. These short-talks are on Thursdays at 4 p.m. and open to the public. Be sure to sign-up to select which talks you would like to be a part of.
- The food safety team at NC State Extension can answer all of your questions about properly storing food for quality and safety. Also, check out these tips for limiting food waste in your kitchen.
- Check out our newest video on our YouTube channel! Find the recipe for Sydney’s Texas Caviar here.
- Looking for some new recipes or ways to use local fruits and vegetables in your cooking? Try these delicious and easy dishes at home provided by a collaboration between several N.C. Cooperative Extension programs.
Physical Activity at Home
- Yoga: Sun Salutations
- Lower Body Workout: Squats and Lunges
- Upper Body Workout: Biceps and Triceps (modifications for beginners included)
- The articles below can help you learn more about each of the five food groups listed on MyPlate. Feel free to contact us with any questions!
- Do you read the Nutrition Facts label? This article will provide you with information on how to read and understand the Nutrition Facts label.